Our collaborative partners believe that children and youth are more likely to be safe, healthy, well educated and prepared for adulthood when:
- They are embedded in a strong system of supports and opportunities
- They attend high quality schools
- The voices of youth, families and the community help to create change
- Their neighborhoods have the capacities and resources to support youth and families
- Broader systems and policies create conditions under which children and youth can thrive
The model recognizes that collaborative work exists in a larger political, economic, and social context that impacts the way strategies are translated into practical, feasible tactics.